Skip to main content

SUBJECT: Turffontein Guineas meeting postponed
DATE: Saturday 6 February 2021
RELEASED BY: Phumelela Gaming

Today’s Turffontein race meeting, featuring the first legs of the World Sports Betting SA Triple Crown and the Wilgerbosdrift SA Triple Tiara, has been postponed to next Saturday 13 February because the track is unsafe for racing.
The going was good to soft yesterday evening after 70mm of rain through the week. But there was a further 6.5mm of rain from 04:20 until 07:00 today, when horses were galloped on the track to assess the going.
It was then unanimously agreed that the going was unsafe and with more rain forecast through the day it was decided to postpone the entire race meeting lock, stock and barrel for a week.
All TAB bets on the meeting will be refunded and betting will be reopened on Friday 12 February. Race times will be adjusted where necessary.