Equus Awards - Media Category
Published: 03 July 2015
On behalf of the Equus Awards Committee it gives us great pleasure to invite you to participate in the Equus Awards Horseracing Journalist of the Year.
Equus Award for Horseracing Journalist of the Year – Season 2014/2015
- This award is open to and invites all journalists within the print, television and electronic media industry.
- Entry is not restricted to journalist from or within the horseracing media only.
- All members from the mainstream media and freelance journalist are invited and encouraged to enter.
- The 2 categories that will be judged are:
- Written material (print/electronic)
- All entrants will be required to submit up to 2 pieces of their work that must have been published (print/electronic) or broadcast (television) during the South African Horseracing Season, that is from 01 August 2014 to the 31 July 2015.
- No late entries will be accepted and only work published or broadcast during the stipulated time period is eligible.
- The Racing Association together with local and international personnel with racing and journalism experience will form the panel of judges.
- All entries received will be judged on research, accuracy and presentation.
- Work submitted must be well written or narrated, pertinent and must be of value to the sport of South African Horseracing.
- Loyal support and positive contribution or coverage of the sport during the South African Horseracing season is essential.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Equus Committee reserves the right to cancel the awards if there are not sufficient entries received
- Like other nominees, the journalists in contention will be invited to attend the Equus Awards.
All entries must be submitted to Racing Association:
- Telephone: (011) 683-3220
- Facsimile: (011) 683-3222
- Postal: 14 Turf Club Street, Turffontein Racecourse, Johannesburg
The Racing Association
2 July 2015